Everyone I know in SL is having problems where their friends list won't populate - worked on?

Adver Wise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It's the first I've heard of it. I've had no problems with either Firestorm or the standard Linden Lab viewer. Typically, problems with the Friends list are related to unreliable Internet connections.  If yours is losing data packets or has periods of delayed ping time, especially during login, you can fail to get a good connection to the servers that manage your various lists.  If so, you may have trouble with group lists, favorites, and inventory as well.  If the problem is severe, you will see a login message that says that you are having trouble with "capabilities". 

Try rebooting your modem and your router by unplugging both from the power for a few minutes, then replugging them and restarting your computer.  Also, if you have been using a wireless connection, use a direct cable or DSL connection instead.  Many people have no problems at all with wifi, but it is neither supported nor recommended by Linden Lab.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.