Removing a Script

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Before resorting to contacting the seller, I was wondering if this is an easy fix. I was wondering if there was a way to remove the smoke animation from my house. The house was all linked together. I read tutorials and was able to successfully unlink items and edit them piece by piece. When I look at this individual link, it had a script that was titled smoke. So I deleted it. You can see there are no scripts in there anymore. But the smoke is still there. Any advice? 

UPDATE: Thank you for the solution, Rolig! Worked perfectly.

1 answer to this question

Smoke is not an animation.  It's a particle effect.  Particles are like many other features in SL in that they can only be turned on or off by a script, but don't require a script to keep going.  So, removing the script will have no effect at all.  The script started the particle stream but is no longer necessary -- except, of course, if you want to turn the smoke off again. :smileysad:

No fear. There's an easy enough solution.  You just have to add another script to turn the smoke off again.

default{    state_entry()    {        llParticleSystem([]);        llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());    }}

Just be sure that you drop that script into the same link that you took the old script out of.  It will delete itself instantly, as soon as it turns off the smoke.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2867 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.