Hello. I am looking for any infomation about the old social islands 1-9 before they changed.

Lark2274

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Do the old social island that were changed a few months ago still exist? Does sl save a copy of the social islands before they change them? Can sl reinstate one of the islands to someplace on the map please? Many, many people want it (them) back.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Simulator backups do exist, but they don't span months. Any change from months ago is fixed, by now.

Is your issue anything to do with this thread? I'm not familiar with social islands, but I used the forum search.

I don't know that anyone is likely to address this issue, but certainly no-one from Linden Lab will see this request here. Second Life is not a democracy, LL's decisions are their own.

• Like 1

Those Social Islands have changed several times since I joined SL in 2007.  It's a good thing.  Any place starts to look dated and stodgy after a while, and there's always renewed interest when there's change.  More importantly, the longer a venue stays around, the more obvious it is that some things just don't work the way the should, or they don't serve the purpose they were designed for any more.  It's easier to replace them completely than to keep applying bandaid repairs.  I'd say there's close to a zero chance that any of the old versions of Social Island are likely to come back.  Enjoy the new one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.