Bring PICKS back to inworld Search!!!!!!!

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

So I type a search phrase like "black shoes" or "disco night"...  Thinking if some one had a classified on black shoes or and an event for a "disco night" - it surely would show up in the
ALL tab... right
?

Well glory be... I would be wrong as would the majority of SL Residents....

Did you use quotation marks when you searched for those terms? Quotation marks are back to including the quotation marks as part of the search term when it comes to classifieds by the looks of it.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

So I type a search phrase like "black shoes" or "disco night"...  Thinking if some one had a classified on black shoes or and an event for a "disco night" - it surely would show up in the
ALL tab... right
?

Well glory be... I would be wrong as would the majority of SL Residents....

Did you use quotation marks when you searched for those terms? Quotation marks are back to including the quotation marks as part of the search term when it comes to classifieds by the looks of it.

no i didnt.  I was just using them in this posting to mention what the phrase was.  I know that " " will make the search explicit.

Another anomaly I have discovered with my classified ads that I created that are supposed to show up on the side of search IF its relevant.  My ads are PG ads - I checked them 3 times... yet the only way I can get my Classified Ad to show up on an inworld search is if I click the MATURE button on search.  If I only click PG/GENERAL and do not change anything else... my classified Ad disappears.  So, it thinks my Classified is Mature even though its not.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

no i didnt.  I was just using them in this posting to mention what the phrase was.  I know that " " will make the search explicit.

Except in the case of classifieds it becomes too explicit and thinks you want to return results that include quotation marks, which isn't very helpful. I can see your classified advert when I type in Toys art gallery or Toy's art gallery.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

Another anomaly I have discovered with my classified ads that I created that are supposed to show up on the side of search IF its relevant.  My ads are PG ads - I checked them 3 times... yet the only way I can get my Classified Ad to show up on an inworld search is if I click the MATURE button on search.  If I only click PG/GENERAL and do not change anything else... my classified Ad disappears.  So, it thinks my Classified is Mature even though its not.

Yeah this is some borkage, I've had this myself although in my case my moderate adverts were being flagged as adult.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3578

If you want to see how search in general is borked look at this Jira:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3675

Just look at what's being reported there, the multiple maturity ratings and the parcel disappears bug is old, but why is a General parcel appearing in search when you only click moderate, or you only click adult? A General parcel shouldn't appear unless you tick the General tick box.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Oh .. this is just GREAT! If you include quotation marks, you get nothing for matching classifieds. But if you do NOT include them, results from Search prioritize listings with either word and not the whole phrase.

That, I believe, is the functional definition of "Damned if you do, damned if you don't"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.