Processing credit UNUSUAL personal id questions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all

This happend like back in Jan 16,  but I still have yet to get a clear answer..   well its been buggin me!

I did a cash out to paypal..  missed the email to come back to SL an comfirm it.. so a Linden answered my ticket an said he /she  would resend the request.. on  but when I followed the link back to SL,  I got asked questions of like where I lived before also people I knew..  dating back to like 18 yrs ago...   That linden  did not answer me an closed the ticket to WHY?  No one  at Linden Labs knew of this execpt 1 guy at IT security,  heard of it befor an said it's IRS wanting to know...   Since when does IRS got through a game site to verify people?     to my knowlege I never left the SL website, it did when donw confirm an send my money to PP...   but I still have questions     Since when can any company tap in to the database that banks, IRS and credit  use to prove Identity??     Then  why no one at customer service or billing knew of this?  Has this happened to anyone else here?    I've NEVER been asked to fill out a 1099 via 3rd party period!   I've never pulled enough to even thinking of needing to do that..   Reason I am trying to figure this out now is cause I was thinking of startin a market/biz ect  but I wonder if well this unknown thing that happen.....  was real or some  kind of scam...  For a company not to know of the way it handles payout??????  so far I have yet to find any written information on this?   Almost like  Am I the only one??? if so WHY?

Thanks for any info about this!

Difficult to parse your text, sorry. Feel free to try again.

Maybe relevent info is here? http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Required_Tax_Documentation_FAQ

I'm not familiar with US tax blahblah, but 1099 seems like a document LL do supply to some residents.

Other than that, make sure everyone you're dealing with is a legitimate member of the Linden Lab team.

yes you have to answer all questions they fire on you.

Anonymous payments will not longer be processed so you indeed need to confirm you'r the holder of the account.

Several law changes forced LL to do it this way. And yes...indeed the IRS can be involved in this.

LL will often not only use the email for their communication to you, in most cases you can read all the same messages in your ticket / support history.

To be sure i'd advise to give your answers by the ticket system, you can always read it back and check what you send.

And to the last question... no you are not the only one.

Well Thanks 

but still comes with questions,   I've never been asked anything for taxes??   just my basic sign up info back in a decade ago..lol   my PP is verified si like heck 1999 lol..    and if they ask questions thats fine  why NO one at LL knew  of this?   who retains the info?    this wont tax info this was personal info,  just like if i went ot see my credit,  or a bank would ask ect to open an account or something  house loan ect..

DjTeddyB Rockin wrote:

Well Thanks 

but still comes with questions,   I've never been asked anything for taxes??   just my basic sign up info back in a decade ago..lol   my PP is verified si like heck 1999 lol..    and if they ask questions thats fine  why NO one at LL knew  of this?   who retains the info?    this wont tax info this was personal info,  just like if i went ot see my credit,  or a bank would ask ect to open an account or something  house loan ect..

You are required to give personal information now by law.  As explained, this is a now a requirement by law and LL has to comply.  The goverment is cracking down on money laundering on sites where an account can cash out because it does go on.  You probably never got these questions in the past before the new money laundering rules went into effect, so that is why this is new to you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.