Guides for Renting out Skyboxes

Nalytha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Would anyone happen to know of any guides that explain the process of renting out skyboxes? I know how to: 

- Buy land
- Deed to group
- Understand tier system 
- Raise a skybox 

I have CasperLet as a rental system. 

What I don't understand is: 

- How to separate skybox permissions/prim allowances and do security systems, if that is standard practice. Say I raise three sky boxes on one parcel. I don't understand how to set the above things for each skybox on the same land. 

Thank you for any advice. 

Update: Do most rental places put multiple boxes on one lot, or do they put one box and factor that into the rent. For example, renting out a skybox on a 512 land with a prim allowance of whatever is left after you put the necessities up. Does it make it easier to do it that way?

What is the going rental rate for prim allowance? Is it L$1 per prim?

2 answers to this question

No matter what altitude they sit at, all builds on the same parcel count against your parcel's L.I. allowance, share the same music stream, and have the same access rights and build/script/terraform permissions.  There's no way that you can use parcel parameters to distinguish one tenant's skybox from another.  You'll have to do that entirely with third party devices, like security orbs.  That is, you will need to buy or create scripted devices that will keep track of how much L.I. is associated with objects within range of the device and act as collection points for rent.  There's no "standard"; you just find or create what works best for you.

Nalytha wrote:

[ .... ]

Update: Do most rental places put multiple boxes on one lot, or do they put one box and factor that into the rent. For example, renting out a skybox on a 512 land with a prim allowance of whatever is left after you put the necessities up. Does it make it easier to do it that way?

What is the going rental rate for prim allowance? Is it L$1 per prim?

It all depends on how your particular software works.  You can buy packages that have different approaches, and you could certainly commission a script to your own specifications.  Personally, I tend to favor systems with the fewest bells and whistles, like this one >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/For-Parcel-Owners-Display-Parcel-Prim-Ownership/m-p/827525 for helping renters (and you) keep track of their prim usage.  If you have renters spaced 1000m apart vertically, though, it may be more practical to have a separate box of some kind at each altitude. 

The going rate?  Whatever you think you can ask.  You can get a rough idea by wandering around SL and looking at rent boxes, or you can work backwards from your own monthly bill for land fees and prorate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.