Object Rezzing an Object issue, Rotation needs to be local not region?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey!

OK if you turn the rezzing object, the rezzed object goes off into space when it's rezzed.

How do I get the rezzing position to get the objects rotation instead of the regional?

Is that the issue? I think it is.

Snippet

llSleep(15);
llSay(0, "Prepared - " + obj2);
llRezObject(obj2,
llGetPos() + <.0,1.521,-.26>, <0.0,0.0,0.0>, <0.0,2.0,2.0,0.0>, 0);
llSay(0, "Please take your " + obj2 + " by touching it.");
llMessageLinked(LINK_SET, 0, "off", NULL_KEY);
llSleep(1);
llResetScript();}

If I understand correctly, you want your rezzed object to have the same rotation as your rezzer. If so, your rezzing statement should be

llRezObject(obj2, llGetPos() + <.0,1.521,-.26>, ZERO_VECTOR, llGetRot(), 0);

I'm asssuming that you don't want your rez position to depend on the rezzer's rotation, or you would have written

llRezObject(obj2, llGetPos() + <.0,1.521,-.26>*llGetRot(), ZERO_VECTOR, llGetRot(), 0);

I have no idea why your rezzed object goes whizzing off to space, however.  That's not related to this question.  Does your rezzed object have a script in it that resets its location on rez?  That's a common strategy to use when you want a new object to end up more than 10m from the rezzer.

I worded my question bady and you still answered it. Thanks: I do need the rezzed object to be set out relative to the rezzer. That's the issue. Right now it isn't. Soda machines need the soda to pop out the chute not the back.

First rezzed the chute will catch it. Turn the machine and the soda either falls on the ground or dies inside the machine never being seen.

A horrible fate for a soda that just wanted to be drunk, drunken, drank, whatever.

When I turn the rezzer the rezzed object is behind it or possibly inside it when rezzed

It seems to be getting it's center from some other place than the rezzer.

I'm 98% sure the Zero Vector call is what I was missing Thanks!

No, it sounds like the llGetRot correction that you were missing.  If you simply write 

llGetPos() + <0.0,1.521,-0.26>

then your object will rez at an offset of <0.0,1.521,-0.26>, in the region's reference frame, relative to your rezzer's position.  If you rotate the rezzer, it will keep rezzing new objects at exactly the same spot, not recognizing that you have turned the rezzer.  If you want to adjust for the fact that you rotated the rezzer, you have to apply its new rotation to the offset:

llGetPos() + <0.0,1.521,-0.26>*llGetRot()

========

You already had the velocity = ZERO_VECTOR.  You just spelled it out the long way, as <0.0,0.0,0.0>.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2860 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.