Sculpt: problem showing in SL, not in Blender (solved)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can anyone please help me with this problem?

First picture is the object uploaded to SL. Second is het same object in Blender. In SL there is a hook showing that is not there in Blender:

bookproblem.jpg

The problem appears in two of the four corners, left corner under, and right upper right corner. Both other corners look just fine.

I use a sculptmap 128 x 32 and stich type is cylinder.

What is causing this problem, and how can it be solved?

If you open Blender, have your cylinder mesh on screen, go into edit mode, click on mesh menu (on tool bar next to where it says edit mode) and select Scripts > Update from Sculptie from the menu & then use the browse at the bottom of the screen to find and select your sculpt map that you made for this object,  click the "select sculptie map" button and you should now see your sculpt in Blender with the faults visible so you can fix them.

Thanks for you answer Peewee, but this is not working. When I update  the mesh from the sculptmap in the way you explained, it still does not show the hook that I see in SL. It uploads though, I can tell because my mesh gets a different x,y,z size. But it does not reproduce the problem I have in SL.

it looks like you have removed some edges from your object. This is a guess only. (Actually your mesh might have been constructed differently. I can't tell for sure if all the red edges are necessary):

original.jpg

Look at your UV-map and check that it is intact and shows the entire regular mesh as it was generated when you created your sculptie.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.