Auto wearing gifted item?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, yes it can be done, but there will be a few clicks. LL decided that people should always have direct control over what is attached to them. Here is how to do it, maybe it will be simple enough for your needs.

First, set the hat for sale at L$0. Make the original for sale, not a copy, because "original" is the only way to transfer the object without it going to inventory.

Next, drag the hat into your dispenser, and let a script rez hats on touch.

When somebody clicks on the rezzed hat, it will be offered for sale at L$0. If the free purchase is accepted, the owner changes and finally you can make some semi-automatic stuff happen!

In the hat, have a script with a changed event, The purchase will trigger CHANGED_OWNER, and when that happens you can llRequestPermissions to get PERMISSION_ATTACH. Yes, this will be yet another click for the poor recipient! Then, if you see PERMISSION_ATTACH in a run_time_permissions event, you can do the llAttachToAvatar.

Disgustingly complicated, isn't it?

Thanx, but i need the process to be far more simpler than that.  The Scenario im envisioning is this...

A Newb visits my island in BASIC VIEWER, so has no money nor do they have an inventory. Sp they can not buy anything and they can not drag something from inventory. SO im looking for a way to give my visitors an Object that will enrich their experience of my island.

To do this i need to be able to give them by a simple click an item that will request to be attached automatically because they cant attach from inventory. Is this at all possible via a script?

I haven't tested, but they should still be able to buy for 0$L.... that's the only way you are going to be able to get around not having an inventory....

the problem being that attach only works for the owner, and the only way to keep an object inworld through a change in ownership is to "buy original"....

unfortunately any automated transfer of inworld ownership is open to numerous security exploits.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.