Turn sales notification on/off per item

Zhoie Zimermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

Is this really gone or just hiding? If it's gone, I wonder why. It was such a handy merchant feature, i loved it. 

It was not included in the Marketplace from day one. It has been requested from day one. It has not been scheduled or planned since day one.

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

thanks Darrius, i remember it being on the old xstreet, oh well...

You're welcome Zhoie. I wish I was able to point to a button or link or option that would offer such functionality as it makes perfect sense and would be easy to implement (IMO). But there are other priorities apparently, and not being able or allowed to know any of the inner workings .. the best we can do is keep tugging on "Mommy's skirt" .. whinging and screaming until we finally are heard.

yes i do kinda feel like an adult version of a big baby some days, begging my mommy to do something. i think we all can easily get pegged as negative complainers, though I am certain if LL staff were in our shoes they would be just a vocal because they would then understand how this is affecting us.

It appears that Linden Lab are unable to add this feature to the off-the-shelf shopping portal that has replaced the custom-made XStreet platform. They recommend that we filter the Marketplace notifications to our spam folders.

We'll probably miss the automated emails that tell us that our listings have been automatically removed because some idiot flagged them for no good reason, but I guess no workaround is ever perfect. Which is a real bummer, since our SL experience has turned into a whole bunch of workarounds.

i miss being able to see sales notifications for some products and not for others (smaller more frequent items that can get annoying) But it's either all or none now as I can see.

I also terribly miss the customer review notification, is that gone for good as well? Some customers ask for help on the reviews or need to be contacted in some way. I can't weed through all my products daily looking for reviews in each. 

Oh while i'm being a negative complainer LOL I also miss the fact that we can no longer see how many views (per day) on each of our listings, but rather only as a whole. I always found this very helpful and now it's gone too. 

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

i miss being able to see sales notifications for some products and not for others (smaller more frequent items that can get annoying) But it's either all or none now as I can see.

I also terribly miss the customer review notification, is that gone for good as well? Some customers ask for help on the reviews or need to be contacted in some way. I can't weed through all my products daily looking for reviews in each. 

Oh while i'm being a negative complainer LOL I also miss the fact that we can no longer see how many views (per day) on each of our listings, but rather only as a whole. I always found this very helpful and now it's gone too. 

I'd be happy to even GET sales notification emails. I haven't received them reliably for months now.

One possibility is that it was not included as way of elimintating one moving part from the machine, which should mean fewer spurious reports of email failure by people who don't remember shutting it off.

Another possibility is that it was intended to deter people from offering too many free or cheap items.

If you offer stuff for 9L or less, LL doesn't tend to get a piece of the action, so sending you a useless notification every time someone buys something is a subtle hint to try to make the same amount of money with fewer sales by raising prices.

My email service can handle basically any volume of sales notifications, but I've upped the prices on my more popular items to 9L. 

Not 10.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.