why second Life dislike chromebook Os?

Danny Durnan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I been post a question about that chromebook OS and feel like it not give a enough information even i look through online game without download and either it not there or no longer to running there. so I wondering why everyone on secondlife hate chromebook OS?

2 answers to this question

I don't think anybody hates Chromebook.  But you can't use it in SL.  You need a real computer.  Chromebooks are just not powerful enough for Second Life.  They are designed for lightweight applications, web browsing, YouTube videos, e-mail, and some simple on-line games.

• Like 3

The Second Life viewer [and all other 3rd party full feature viewers] simply require a PC with a full operating system. By this I mean with the ability to install & run software that is not an coded as an app. Additionally, usually the graphics subsystem on Chome-books is not capable of rendering the demanding imagery of a dynamic 3D environment. 

Second Life doesn't have it out for Chrome-books, it simply can;t be coded to run on one at the Chrome OSs current stage of development.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.