is there a limit to how many physics you can have in a parcel? Blake Sea area.

xoxoxSASSYxoxox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We have a home, and want to rez our boat on our parcel in the Blake Sea area. We are getting a "cant enable physics or object - - insufficent land resources"    not sure how to correct it?  We try rezzing at a rez spot on Blake Sea by our home and when crossing a SIM line it disappears.  Answer?

**  We have plenty of prims and L.I.  for this parcel. According to the Land/Object we have over 400 left when this boat is rezzed.  **

Part II:

After several hours of looking at everything here is what we know:

1) Even tho the prim count IS 148, when dropped it consumes 500+ bc of the physics of the boat..  so we freed up the needed amout plus.  Once the boat "registers" to the server whats going on the prim count drops to the said amount of 148.  So we tackeled on issue. Now we can rez the boat on property.

2) With that said:  Now issue is crossing sims and having the available prim count to go from sim to sim across Blake Sea. This is a bit trickier. We had issues in the first couple crossings..  even tho the sim DID have over 1K or 2K prims avail. we still were pushed physically off the boat still in pose, as if we were still on the boat with the boat in another sim still moving..  lol.. with our maps up we could tell what was coming into the sims when we were, and at the time we went in nothing else was there to stop us from going thru smoothly.  Yes, I understand the server issue, Yes, we have tried to be patient for the allowances..  even WITH the momentarily 500+ (585 actually) that tries to register bc of the physics it does go down to 148 within a minute. What is still confusing:  WITH the available prims.. over 1K or ever 2K at times..  we still are pushed off the boat and thrown across 2 sims or so as the boat stays in place or moves forward thru the sim we were trying to cross..  ONCE we had a warning we could not go thru bc not enough prims were avilable.

Thank you for your help. We do appreciate this. We have contact the designer who is well known in SL and has done MANY other deisgns which I am sure she is qualified to help. If not.. I see a ticket to SL coming about this issue.  

Thanks again!

2 answers to this question

Physical objects put a heavy demand on the servers, so it's always wise to keep them at a minimum.  I think it's more likely that you are running up against the L.I. limit for the parcel, though. Take a look at how much free L.I. allowance you have in the parcel before you rez the boat.  If your boat is going to exceed that number, it won't rez.

Now, your boat might disappear as you cross the region boundary because the new server is slow to get all of the information about your boat and pass it back to your viewer.  If it's a very detailed mesh boat, it could just be really hard to render fast. Sadly, many amateur builders or artists who have learned to create mesh for static games do not appreciate the importance of keeping a low vertex count in SL. 

xoxoxSASSYxoxox wrote:

[ .... ]

**  We have plenty of prims and L.I.  for this parcel. According to the Land/Object we have over 400 left when this boat is rezzed.  **

That's odd.  How many prims does your boat have?  The upper limit for a physical object is 32. If you try to link more than that, you get a message that says something like "Object has too many primitives -- its dynamics have been disabled."  That 32 prim limit includes passengers, so each person who sits on the boat counts as another prim in the linkset.  So .... if your boat is pretty close to the limit, you might be able to rez it but then not be able to use it as soon as you seat too many people on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.