Sign in to follow this  
cutie2237

I can't move in second life. (I can't use the keyboard or the 'walk, run, fly' menu to move.)

Question

Hi Cutie,

I can't think of a reason the movement window won't work. Try an alternate viewer. I always keep two on my computer just so I can isolate problems like this to computer or grid. If the other viewer works, it might be time for a clean re-install of the broken one. You'll find other viewers here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

If you're referring to the use of the WASD(letter) keys to navigate, those are enabled/disabled in the General tab of preferences. The default setting is for them to affect movement. Perhaps that got changed to "Starts local chat". I don't think this is the issue because your movement tool also doesn't work.

Good luck!

2 answers to this question

Hi Cutie,

I can't think of a reason the movement window won't work. Try an alternate viewer. I always keep two on my computer just so I can isolate problems like this to computer or grid. If the other viewer works, it might be time for a clean re-install of the broken one. You'll find other viewers here...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

If you're referring to the use of the WASD(letter) keys to navigate, those are enabled/disabled in the General tab of preferences. The default setting is for them to affect movement. Perhaps that got changed to "Starts local chat". I don't think this is the issue because your movement tool also doesn't work.

Good luck!

Are you trying to long in with an old computer.   Are you in  a very busy sim?   Lag  can make you be unable to move.