paid job to make rlv item possible

YamaguchiGumi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello there.. i have a job i need done, with pay of course... its a rlv job and il describe what i want it to do.... i want to script a thing or bubble that brushed against cause you to change into another preset avatar.. this be great if you could do it by just bumping a avie or at least let them kiss you and change you. or i suppose the least a sit that tricks you.. idk the legal if ands and whats rlv can do but the idea is to "infect" someone by touch to do a body swap. any takers out there?

YamaguchiGumi wrote:

hello there.. i have a job i need done, with pay of course... its a rlv job and il describe what i want it to do.... i want to script a thing or bubble that brushed against cause you to change into another preset avatar.. this be great if you could do it by just bumping a avie or at least let them kiss you and change you. or i suppose the least a sit that tricks you.. idk the legal if ands and whats rlv can do but the idea is to "infect" someone by touch to do a body swap. any takers out there?

HI, you will want to take this over to the Wanted forum. It's common to do this kind of thing with RLV, but the target will be asked to accept a folder with the new outfit.

ok then, say it works then by sitting (and asking permission) can the swap do just atttachments or can it do say shape skin as well as LL template clothes?

IF you can anser yes to all these and can make this soon lmk. I will buy as much full perm items as i can to make a "look" so something can be given out,( copy mod but no trans of course.)

thanks.

leave me a message here is best,

ty

steph Arnott wrote:

I do RLV, you change clotthes but you can not change the avatar to another default one so if you can find that command then please show it.

You can change shape, skin, clothes, attachments, the whole avatar. You've really never seen one of those transformation things before?

yes but not a shape thing, us guys dont really do a lot of that i guess. at least i dont. But that wasnt the question, I need someone who can set me up with a scripted thing that works.  If I knew how to do it I'd do it myself but all I can do is simpler items. plus my time is limited so yeah, its a piad gig if some one wants it.

It is very common to do this with RLV no matter how much the inexperienced think otherwise.

The problem with this is that many users will absolutely refuse to take folders because of this reason specifically. Changing or removing clothes is one thing; changing the entire avatar that people spend so much time creating each version of is seen by many as griefing even when it is done using RLV.

It is the reason simple things such as unique clothing layers (slimy films for example) become more useless. When you have to refuse RLV folders to keep your whole avatar from being changed, it ruined the simple, reasonable use cases.

You have tried and failed.

Everyone else knows how to do it.

Replacing what someone wears can be done with RLV very easily. Mesh avatar parts are worn, like every other part of avatar outfits.

ETA: But I will add that many still see changing the avatar as going too far anyway and will likely refuse rlv folders. I won't accept them myself for this reason alone.

RLV scripting has nothing to do with DMCA.

The discussion not long ago even in the Scripting forum was telling others how to keep a copy of their huds with custom alpha settings for each outfit in the same folder with each of its corresponding outfits to make changing possible.

You can add, replace, and remove clothing layers and attachments with RLV - within limits of what your specific product will let you lock. You can add, replace and remove entire folders. It should not be too hard to figure out from here.

steph Arnott wrote:

You can argiue with those that have tried, failed  and recieved them.

You were given a link to the instructions.

The DMCA procedure will easily make an entire thread's content by itself; way too much to get into here.

I will pass on any arguing. You can try to learn it if you wish, or not. You aren't doing yourself any favors here, but have a good day.

You are wrong, the mesh and  used appliers are overlayed on to the SL avatar. The SL avatar is turned transparent, you would have to switch from on and off and that is not possible with RLV as the code stands.The simple facts are that the RLV code was never designed for the advent of avatar mesh and appliers. The RLV coders RL status is not for public veiwing.

Geez there's so much misinformation and junk here from two directions.

To wear a mesh avatar you add an attachment and wear an alpha layer to hide the LL avatar.  THAT'S IT!

To change the LL or a mesh avatar you:-

1. Remove all attachments
  2. Offer an inventory folder of new content
  3. Call the RLV api to wear the folder content

Anyone calling this impossible or other than the above, REALLY knows very lilttle about RLV.

Akemiaiko, in your example, appliers are NEVER overlayed onto the SL avatar, they're used on mesh objects, which are nothing more than attachments and the applier is really nothing more than a scripted texture setter for a mesh object face.  The SL avatar is just hidden with an alpha layer and there's an RLV api to wear/unwear clothing layers including "alpha" because that's all it is, a clothing layer.

RLV is not designed to work with appliers, that's true but there's an Omega API that is working on that for the benefit of RLV but the pure fact is that none of that is relevant here as the requirement is to change to a different avatar and that's just the steps above.

I have no idea what you mean by "The RLV coders RL status is not for public viewing".  What does the RL status of Marine Kelley (RLV) or Kitty Barnett (RLVa) have to do with anything.  Don't know about you but i've had plenty of dialogue with both Marine and Kitty over the 7.5 years that i've been scripting for RLV.

Clearly there are those of us here who have done this, with plenty of success, there are those of us that know exactly how to acheive the result sought and then there are those who haven't done it, have introduced hugely irrelevant factors and don't know where to start.

Usually, when one doesn't know the right answer, it's better to either seek advice, state that the offered answer is a hypothesis but definitely best not to state clear incorrect statements that are misleading.

So you feel the need to vent your anger at me? Who are you to to think you know me to do that? You think it is normal to  comverse in that manner to a stranger? If you do then i suggest you get anger managment as i certainly do not need your abusive remarks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.