how can I get a home and pay monthy rent

venusD67

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Venus-

I would suggest heading to one of the Newcomer Friendly Spots on the destination guide to get your bearings. Places like Caledon's Oxbridge University have a walk-through orinetation course that covers a lot of things like dressing your avatar and dealing with L$. 

As for how/where to rent, there is an almost unlimited amount of places you can rent in SL. In addition there is a sub-catagory in the forum for people renting parcels you might want to take a look at. The best thing to do would be to wander around and see what there is to offer, use the "search" tool inworld to find apartments, homes or skyboxes and look at the differences between them! Prices, Prims, Privacy and Freedom will fluctuate from property-to-property, but there is something for everyone, it just depends on what you want a home for! (Ask yourself, do you want to decorate a full house, or do you just need a private skybox for getting dressed!) 

Hope that helps a little bit Venus, enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life, Venus!

Read these...

In addition to Saul's recommendations, you can also become a premium member and obtain a complimentary Linden Home.

Here's more about doing that...

I recommend you take some time to learn your way about SL before investing money here. It's quite possible to have a lot of fun without spending a penny.

Your shoe problem may be related to new viewers breaking old "invisi-prim" shoes. If you're seeing black blobs on your feet, that's the problem. If your shoes come with "alpha" layers, use those.

Have fun!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.