Good default hold script?

Sashiku Kas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a script for the default holding animation but it isn't very good. It stops animating after I teleport and at random moments. If anyone knows a good script for this, let me know. Also I'd love to have some other default animation scripts. ^^ Thanks a whole bunch.

11 answers to this question

The animation is the important thing.  After that you just need to put it in a decent AO.  There are really only two types of animation script - ones that 'do this' and ones that 'do this and keep checking', the latter being AOs.  Then again, if it's a default animation you don't need a script at all.

Thats the part of your original post that I find slightly confusing, a script doesn`t animate exactly, it tells an animation to run. If your avatar does anything, sit, walk, fly, hold something etc. it will automatically do that action using the default animation unless there is a script telling another animation to override that. So I don`t understand the idea of using a script or anything else to do something that is "default".

Here is the script : default

{

state_entry()

{

llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);

}

run_time_permissions(integer parm)

{

if(parm == PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)

{

llStartAnimation("hold_R_handgun");

}

}

on_rez(integer st)

{

llResetScript();

}

attach(key id)

{

llStopAnimation("hold_R_handgun");

}

}

*Sorry it took so long to respond. x_x I'm one busy lil girl. :P*

I assume you want this for a worn object, and don't want to replace the AO in the wearer.

I'm more familiar with sitting animation scripts, but I do have freebie guitars I made long ago that have a similar problem.  Given all the guns we see in SL, I'm sure there's an appropriate solution for this, though i don't know exactly what it is.  I do know how AOs work, having mucked with ZHAO-II a bit.  Hopefully this wouldn't need to poll as fast as a good AO needs.

I'll probably look into this some time this week, but hopefully someone will pop up with a simple answer before then.  I'm confident there's a good solution.  IIRC, there are public gun scripts somewhere, perhaps in the scripting library.

I believe that the only difference between your needs and say, a teddy bear script, would be that you're using an animation with priority 2.

:) Yea, I've been looking all over, and I don't know enough about scripting to edit something like this. I can edit some things but nothing like this. I may eventually just make a new anim :/ I want it to keep animating even if i TP, or walk around without an AO on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.