MP stole 90 L from account

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought an item for 10L and checked my account to see 100 L gone, informed seller incase they have recieved overpayment, why did this happen? I want m,y money back as I dont put in RL cash into SL so every linden is like real gold to me on here.

not that i think it's ok something like that happens, but by putting it here, contacting the merchant and follow up you will spend more electricity and resources than you will ever get refunded.

Check your purchase before the cashier takes it, i really can't imagine they take 100 when the cashier shows 10.

I checked my order history it says only one item purchased and 10 L charged, seller also got in touch with me and says she only recieved 9 L as LL take 1 l from the transaction, so MP has taken the money.

I had some log-in issues when purchasing the item I dont know if that glitch caused this.

bebejee wrote:

every linden is like real gold to me on here.

Here's your mistake.

Linden dollars aren't at all comparable to gold, they're tokens with no value. The further your perspective diverges from reality, the more likely you are to have experiences that you rate as "poor" or "unpleasant".

Linden dollars don't get refunded, they don't get investigated, and they definitely don't get stolen by the Marketplace. This could not be spelled out more clearly by the Terms of Service.

This isn't something a merchant could fix, they don't have control over the Marketplace's payment system. You need to take the issue to Second Life support.

But first, go over both your transaction history at marketplace.secondlife.com, and your L$ transaction history at secondlife.com, to see if they really do not reconcile. Marketplace in particular does not always display an up-to-the-minute L$ balance at the top of the page, so the other L$90 could have gone earlier.

Ok, I'm not sure but guessing the 90 L I paid rent was not deducted from the balance appearing on my vewer screen due to a glitch, so when I bought the 10 L thingi it got cleared up  and showed 100 L less, hopefully thats it.

Did send a ticket as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.