I'm signing up again after a long absence. Can I get my old avatar back if I go to premium?

russocomedy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm signing up again after a long absence and so far I haven't graded up to premium which I will do if I can I get my old avatar back from the files of my earlier account. Is it still on file? if I go to premium?I noted too, at the free level, things like inventory don't appear and altering avatar appearance doesn't seem to have all the features I had in my earlier premium account Is that right? Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Continuation of https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/I-cannot-make-changes-to-my-avatar-skin-body-etc-What-s-wrong/qaq-p/3011997

You might be able to recover an old av.  Whether you can or not has nothing to do with whether you are a Premium member of SL.  It's all a matter of how long you've been gone and how much of your "stuff" has degraded in the meanwhile. It will cost you $9.95 for rinstatement, with no guarantees about how much is recoverable.  See here for how to request re-instatement >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Accounts-overview/ta-p/700019#Section_.5.2 .

russocomedy wrote:

[ ... ] I noted too, at the free level, things like inventory don't appear and altering avatar appearance doesn't seem to have all the features I had in my earlier premium account Is that right? Thanks.

See my note in your earlier post regarding avatar appearance.  If you are not seeing your inventory, however, there's something wrong, and it has nothing to do with whether you have a basic account.  I have had a basic account for 9 years and my inventory is fine.  The only differences between your old Premium account and the Basic one you have now are: (1) you are not getting a L$300/week stipend, (2) you can't use Premium sandboxes or do the Premium grid hunts or get Premium gifts, (3) you don't have access to  Live Chat or the technical categories of Support Cases and (4) you don't qualify for a land fee waiver to offset tier costs in the Mainland.  Otherwise, all of the features in your viewer are the same as any Premium account holder's and you are free to do all of the fun things you could do before.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.