Help with allegations of fraud and has retained

Reikro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings and beforehand, thanks to those who stop to read and provide assistance.

My neighbor and co-worker in RL that brought me to SL denouncement of a possible theft of which he was a victim, I mean I present his case to technical support. Before we leeimos a post on here that these cases sometimes take but did not know that her account would be retained. Three days ago he blocked access and card information I was registered on the page.

Besides when I search your profile in SL world nothing comes of it, she may lose all the investment made, bone has bought many lindens and has body mesh one amounts cosotosos rags and stuff, besides money was debited from the card purchases lindens that were supposed they failed D: but still no response give anything.

Has anyone experienced this situation. They can say, suggest or advise us about it. We are like blank that simply was decomizada account and we have no answer about her being the victim.

Only the one who registered the account can contact LL, unless the holder died and putted you in his will or you bring your case into a rl case ánd you are a legal representative.

But seeing you post on a forum i strongly doubt that last.

LL will normally never discuss personal matters with anyone else than the involved person... and you are not.

Reikro,

I'm sorry that your friend had a bad experience in Second Life. We all do at one time or another.

First of all, you can't fix this for your friend. We can't fix this for your friend. They need to do this themselves with either an Abuse Report or a Support Case with Linden Lab.

When anyone reports that their account was compromised, Linden Lab, at their discretion, will place a hold on that account, freezing all further $Linden activity until they finish their investigation.

Your friend needs to cooperate and follow the instructions sent in the emails to their registered email address.

LL Clearly says this in the Knowledgebase article:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

• You can't access your account.
  • You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

KBtip.png

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately to something secure and unique.  Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.  For information on how to change your password, see the How to change your password section of this article.

I think they have misunderstood me.

By retaining the account, also allow you to post here in the forum so she asked me to ask for it.

We're both together only posting this from my account because she does not have access to yours.

All we want to know is how long it takes this and if you have the riesggo of losing their belongings because Linden Lab only gives you access to the support portion to consult as is the case but there do not tell you anything yet.

Reikro wrote:

I understand Karen thanks for the info I find help.

Overall thank you both for attention

As a case in point, I have a long term tenant who owns a large store on my region's mall space. Her account was compromised at the end of November 2013 and Linden Lab of course froze her account & access until the last week of January 2014. I understood what she was going thru and allowed her to stay as a tenant and I even made sure her store stayed in operation.  

It was a complicated issue due to a lot of her $L being stolen and passed to several unauthorized accounts. Once resolved she had access to all her earnings from her in-world store and from the her MarketPlace Store.  So all was for the good and she caught up her past due lease payments.

She also had the good sense to have an ALT account with Owner access to her store's management and customer group which allowed her to communicate with her customers as needed.

Hopefully you won;t have to wait 2 months for your account issue to be resolved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.