I have a giver item that cannot make it give things

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In its instrutions says:

"It can give your visitors:

:: Gifts
:: Your landmark
:: Directions
:: Notifications
:: Your journal or magazine
:: Advertising
:: Photos
:: Items more ...

The visitors only need to click on the trunk and this will deliver directly.

It's very simple to use: save the objects you want to give you just leave it in the inventory box, for this you have two options:

- Select the inventory item, press and hold CTRL and drag the object into the trunk.
- Or you can edit the object, go to the last tab CONTENT and drag and drop.

Please note that the objects must be copy and transferable"

So I managed (difficult it was) to put inside the item's contents a full perm gift.

But when I click the item it does not give it.

Perhaps it does not give the owner but only to others?  Will it give to the group members ot neither to them?

It is set  to the group.

How can I test it?  Should I open the sim to everybody and test it with someone who is not member of the group?

P.S.:  All the time that anything goes wrong always I thik it's my mistake, but not, I do alright all the necessary things.  When one does not know what he's doing he knows it.  When he does not know what he does wrong again he knows it.  This time (again) I bought something that does not work for 11 linden.  I replaced it with another one for 50 lindens that is a doll.  Works fine.  No scripts, and alt tests etc.  For Christ sake!

P.S2.: This has been clarified and it was not due to the first item's creator neither. I underligned many times in my posts that strange things happen to my sim, my account, my inventory, that I needed a firewall etc.  Will not expand any more. 

The fact is that all those instances benefit a lot from the fact of my sl ignorance. In this specific occasion I found in the market single and multiple objects giver scripts that turn to giver anything, applied and they function alright.

2 answers to this question

Usually if a gift is restricted to particular group members it must be set to group or there is a notecard to configure it.  Most will also give the gift to the owner if you test it. 

There are so many different types of givers it's impossible to know precisely what the problem is. If you have an alt let them test it.  Otherwise have a friend do it.

If it still doesn't give the item contact the scripter who should be able to help you resolve any issues.

Stand on your land and open World >>> About Land >>> Options.  You haven't by any chance UNchecked the box that allows scripts to run on your land, have you?  If you own the entire region, check World  >>> Region/Estate >>> Debug to be sure that you haven't checked the Disable Scripts box there either.   If you turn scripts off, there's no way your giver will work.  Unless you have a very good reason, scripts should be enabled for everyone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.