SL research. Thanks

JaneSrc1488303264

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

I am Jane and i am an undergraduate student.  I am doing a research about SL called "Virtual Words:  Harassment and Violent Behavior". 

Since there is no other way i can find users who have been dealing with violent behaviours like stalkers, people who is stealing info from others, fake identities, violent users or any other type of violent behavior i am hoping that some of you  may read this and contact me for some info.

I would very much appreciate it if you could give me some of you time for some questions, i promise it wont be bothering.

I know you guys are tired of people making researches, and i am sorry if this is bothering in any way, but i really hope that you could help me.

you can email me at jane.research.18 AT gmail.com or find me on SL as JaneSrc

thanks!

Though you already know it, here's a reminder for others. ;-)

"Similarly, some of the first educators and researchers in SL were a bit clumsy in their approach. There were early incidents in which Residents felt—rightly—that they were being spied upon or treated like guinea pigs rather than human beings. Imagine how you would feel if an entire class of students set up right next to your vacation hideaway, left trash lying around, logged your conversations, and posted them on the Internet with criticism and mean-spirited comments. This is exactly what happened to some early Residents. Things have improved greatly in the years since then, but sometimes SL Residents are still subject to that kind of inconsiderate behavior. For example, a constant stream of researchers (often students) posts on the Second Life official forums requesting that Residents please take their surveys. Most of these surveys include the same questions that have been asked over and over. Often they aren't spell-checked, or refer to SL as a game—a sure way to irritate a substantial number of Residents. Some Residents make a hobby of critiquing these surveys, pointing out how the questions and their wording make it clear that the researcher isn't familiar with Second Life. Some post outright that they are sick of badly planned surveys and suggest that the researchers log in and do their own research. "
From The Second Life Grid: The official guide ro commuinication, collaboration, and community engagement
by Kimberly Rufer-Bach
ISBN: 978-0-470-41291-6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.