Is there a way to find where in sl is an avatar if you are not friend with it, ,,,

examining

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

if it is online and where exactly it is in a given moment?

P.S.  Did not mean against the will of the avatar.  Pay enough efforts to avoid eventually willing ones, would not add efforts to pursue unwilling ones.  Finicky me, wanted to make sure I did my best.

Legal you said.  Powerful people step on the law, while powerless ones cannot find a refuge in it.  Not even denounce it, more often than seldom.  Either of two I am, useless to mention the law.  There is only one case worthwhile to mention,  when the law is used to frame innocent powerless ones.

"If the person is aware that you've given HER the device".  I'm the her and god knows why I'd give to another her a device. I wouldn't.

OK. I cannot avoid to confess.  I saw somebody I liked and I teleported home immediately. That's what I do.  Did not even take notice of the avatar's name I just think I remember it.  I thought if I could see him again I could confirm it's the same one (although he might have changed avatar).  So I am very lucky I did not enter sl to make relationships as my way wouldn't be successful.

1 answer to this question

Not legally.  If the person is on your friends list and has given you permission to know where she is in SL, then that's legal. You can buy a tracking device in Marketplace and give to a person to wear.  That's perfectly legal if the person knows that you have given her the tracking device -- if you are a teacher, for example, and are tracking the progress of your students on a grid-wide hunt.  If the person is unaware that you are tracking her, however, that may constitute harrassment and invasion of privacy, which can get you introuble.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.