"Cannot region cross into banned parcel." message wont allow me on a sim that I am not banned on?

Olivia Saphir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am trying to rent a parcel on a sim but for an unexplainable reason I cannot enter the sim. I recieve the "Cannot region cross into banned parcel" message. However I was with the owner and he checked and I am not banned, the sim is also listed as a public sim, not private (for groups). The owner cannot explain it and even added me to the access list. I tried getting into the sim in every way possible from every way posible (since sims surround it owned by the same person) . I can't even teleport onto it. I cannot see avatars on the sim and most objects. I also see a big grayed out sim on the map when I look at the map. 

I can't seem to find a way to resolve it. It is pretty obvious that it seems like a glitch but how to fix it is the big question. I tried switching viewers AND I even switched to my alternate account and my alt cannot get onto the sim either. I uninstalled and reinstalled SL. The only thing that I can think of is that I need the group tag but we proved that theory wrong when someone without a group tag was able to get onto the sim. 

2 answers to this question

I can think of a couple of possibilities. 

1. The region may require a higher rating that the one you have.  If you do not have an A rating, for example, you are not allowed to enter an Adult region. 

2. The region may need a restart.  That one's easy to test.  Just ask the region owner to do it.

• Like 2

I was sailing in the Zindra Sea and came across a parcel on the water that caught my attention.

When I tried to walk in I got that message.

It was the first time I ever got a message "Cannot region cross into banned parcel. Try another way."

I have a sim in Zindra as well so was wondering why that was?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.