How do i stop pop up and advertising?

Amanor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about.  Do you mean the dialog boxes that sometimes appear when you visit a shop in world?  Those are generated by the shop owner's greeter system.  If that's what you mean, there's not anything you can do about them. They're like the greeter at the door when you go to Wal-Mart in RL --- just doing their job.  Click the "ignore" button and carry on.

• Like 1

The SL Viewer itself can not be infected however it depends on MIME/types that are programmed in your computers registry. Basically your computer is infected with one or more hijacking Trojan Horses.

have an experienced PC Technician scan for and remove your infections. More information can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/

• Like 1

Oh no, when i am in game, and wanna to search world (places, shops...) i click on search (CTRL-F) and write down name ( sandbox) and it redirects me on advertising or new window and i have to start search all over again ( 8-9 times) until it gives me normal results ( all maps for sandbox). its annoying. like on pc when you need to block pop ups and pages you dont like with ( i have adblock) but its not working for SL, it keeps showing up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.