Suspended Account

KuddlyKen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Gang, I'm hoping someone on here can help me out because I'm going out my head here.

My bank screwed up with a chargeback and cancelled all my LL payments for a whole month, i contacted LL after they suspended my account and they escalated it to someone who told me i have to pay back $220.  Not a problem, I have the money and im willing to pay.  However they only want payment by cheque (which banks in the UK dont issue anymore) ot by money order (totally expensive with fees added on) So i asked if i can have access to my dashboard to pay by paypal.  

That was 3 days ago and i have heard nothing since.  If i call the support line im just told theres nothign they can do as its been escalated.  I've even tried tweeting Ebbe Altberg direct but i think that wont do much good.

Why wont LL let me pay by paypal?  I HAVE the money, I'm WILLING to pay, I CAN pay...

Anyone from LL can help me out here?  My case is being ignored and im sick of it

Kuddly,

EDIT: Linden Lab/ Linden Research does not frequent the SL Answers Forum. This is an all volunteer staff who donate their time and experience to help others.

I'm sorry but an International Money Order is the best way for you to get your account back in "Current" Status. Yes they have fees associated with them.

Why an International Money Order? Because you will not have access to your SL Account [Dashboard] in order to use a PayPal Payment Method until the arrears is taken care of with the Linden Research Collections Department. PayPal is only offered as an active account Payment Method. The reason they don't charge the PM on the Dashboard again even though you say this issue is cleared up is that it has already failed a few times with the bank screw-up. LR is not going to risk incurring any additional failed transaction fees for this particular issue.

You can sue your bank for the fees associated with the International Money Order afterwards assuming they accept that they screwed up in the first place.

P.S. I agree with you that you'd think that the Linden Research Accounting Department would be able to accept payment via a credit card [PayPal M/C or VISA] over the phone, especially if your account information matched the CC information you'd be offering.

KuddlyKen wrote:

Hi Gang, I'm hoping someone on here can help me out because I'm going out my head here.

My bank screwed up with a chargeback and cancelled all my LL payments for a whole month, i contacted LL after they suspended my account and they escalated it to someone who told me i have to pay back $220.  Not a problem, I have the money and im willing to pay.  
However they only want payment by cheque (which banks in the UK dont issue anymore)
ot by money order (totally expensive with fees added on) So i asked if i can have access to my dashboard to pay by paypal.  

I can't help you either exept to say that banks still do cheques with current accounts. But if you mean a banker's cheque, I don't about that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.