not all group notices or ims going to email

Zip Zlatkis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have IMs set to go to email if I am not online.  However, many group notices are not recieved in email. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have the box checked on my account in Dashboard to recieve IMs in email.  I know group notices are being sent but I do not always receive them in email.  They are not in my SPAM.

Today I did not have my IMs capped on my main avatar and did not have more than 25.  I am wondering, do they include all IMs from alts using the same email?  That would make sense and would be the reason it is sporatic.

I am part of the group that is sending the group notices that I am not getting.  I can see them on their notices section.  Also, one of my alts is in the group and notices came in for her.  I went onlne as the alt and her IMs had gotten capped.

8 answers to this question

Zip Zlatkis wrote:

[ .... ]

Today I did not have my IMs capped on my main avatar and did not have more than 25.  I am wondering, do they include all IMs from alts using the same email?  That would make sense and would be the reason it is sporatic.

Hmmm...  So that's not the solution.  No, Linden Lab does not include all the messages that your alts may have received.  Your alts are different people. However, I suppose it's possible that your e-mail system or your ISP may have a wierd spam filter to keep you from being overwhelmed by messages that all come from Linden Lab.  Unlikely, but possible ..........

Are you sure that your groups are actually sending you messages?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3014 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.