How do I get a specific dance ball to work when I'm the only one having problems?

BaronTR Balogh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've run into a problem with a specific Intan couple dance ball.  When I click on it, the pose balls appear as normal, but when I sit on the blue pose ball, the box giving me the option to annimate my avitar never appears.  

The frustrating thins is that it's only that dance ball and only for me.  The pose balls work fine for everyone else, incluiding anyone who clicks on the other pose ball that appears while the one I use doesn't work.  Also, I don't have the problem with any other pose bal, dance or otherwise, including onwa on the same sim.  

The frustration is really significant.  Any suggestions someone might have would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Usually dance machines don't rez pose balls unless the dances are intended for two people to use at once -- as pairs or couples dances.  With some couples dance machines, you can't sit on one ball and get it to do anything.  The dances wont start until someone sits on the other one. More sophisticated couples machines sync automatically, so they will let one person start dancing before the other one does. I'm guessing that you got one of the simpler ones.

I have seen quite a few finicky dance machines, so you may have stumbled onto one of those.  Or there could be a transparent prim blocking your touch (that's surprisingly common).  Or you just might be one of those people that the machines don't like.  I have a close friend in SL who has a terrible time getting dance machines to work.  It doesn't make any difference how many other people are dancing in the same area.  She clicks and clicks, and can't dance.  Go figure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.