In Linden Realms I have been using a butterfly

uniselector

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In Linden Realms I have been using a Butterfly avatar which appears to fly but is actually restricted to run, fly is greyed out. I have no ability to enhance my movement. Am I cheating in this respect? Would you advise me to use and avatar that appears to run instead?

2 answers to this question

Wouldn't advise you either way since I have no authority, am just a user like you.

The LL official rules state:

"Flying is not permitted in Linden Realms"

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Rules_for_Linden_Realms

---

Since you're not flying (your agent is AGENT_WALKING, even if your avatar doesn't look like it walks it definitely won't be triggering AGENT_FLYING) then - my opinion - is that you're not breaking the rules.

I doubt that the appearance of your avatar makes any difference at all.  Only its behavior does.  For the past few months, there have been a number of cheaters in Linden Realms, making life dificult for everyone else.  Linden Lab has been trying to identify and ban those cheaters.  They are experimenting with a number of methods, some of which may occasionally be too sensitive.  If you play the game normally, you should not usually trip one of the security measures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.