zbrush question

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im trying to evaluate zbrush to see if I want to use it for SL creations but Im having a problem just trying to get the basic tools to work. like zoom in and out wont work.

anyone else have problems like this? Another 3D tool gave me the same problem but Im not sure if its my mac, my mouse or bad luck.

I have a 2010 imac, and I dont use a mac mouse because its too small. so I use tecknet mouse.

IDK...just want a good tool to use that doesnt have a crappy interface like blender. :-(

also I have vision problem so would like a software program that lets me increase the size of text. way too many applications, including SL viewer fail to allow adjustment of font sizes for sight impaired.

Tenly wrote:

also I have vision problem so would like a software program that lets me increase the size of text. way too many applications, including SL viewer fail to allow adjustment of font sizes for sight impaired.

You should be able to change the user interface size of SL in your properties.

Hit ctrl-P, go to the advanced tab and move the slider to the right.

Works for me on a 4k screen, using windows 7.

I love zbrush, and use it to make the akk horses, saddles, bridles, and playing with deer and other things.  If you work in non organics, it should be even better.  Use Scale, on the side of the screen to zoom in. WAY in if you want.

It's not an easy to learn program, (easier than blender to me) but it is so full of possiblilities that I can only dream of what I could do if I could just master the half of it. 

There is a really excellent zbrush forum Zbrush Central which you should check out.  You can reach it through the Pixologic web site.  I seem to recall a few years back someone posted  a  plug-in he/she designed for increasing font size, but as the Zbrush gets updated,  plug-in authors don't always update their plug-ins to maintain compatiblity with the newer version.  This might be something you can check into.

Currently in the Properties menu there is a handy magnifier which you can toggle on or off with the shortcut shift M to convert your cursor to a magnifier.  You can tweak it's properties via the Properties drop down panel.

Enlarging the buttons in the "Preferences"  panel unfortunately doesn't increase the size of the text.  You might change the color of the text (Preferences- sub menu: iColors) to change the colors and create a greater visual contrast between the background and the text.

Most programs such as Blender, Zbrush and Modo allow you to fully redesign the interface to keep it as spare or complicated as you like.  These programs are all very "modular"  You remove features you don't use, You can change colors, placement and add specialized plug ins, etc.  to create an personalized look and feel to adapted the UI to the way you like to work.  And you can start building your personalized interface  from a completely blank state or modify thedefault UI set up.  In the Blender User Preference menu, for example, under "Themes" you can change  all fonts, font size, colors, etc.  Most things you think the program should do you will find as an option in Preferences/User Preference.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.