SecondLife Keeps Logging Out?

RileyAdare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everyone!

So, initally I thought this was due to my desktop computer being garbage.... But I just unboxed a brand new gaming laptop that

should be able to run SL easily, and I STILL have the same issue.

Basically, every time I try to log in SL will stay on for a few seconds, then log me out. Afterwards I get a message which reads: "You have been logged out of Second Life. The region may be experiencing trouble. Please check your connection to the internet."

I tried logging in to different regions; no dice. I cleared cache, installed a different viewer, and still nothing works. I'm not sure if it's my internet, but if my internet is strong enough for me to play MMORPG's and stream things, I would think it should be good enough for SL? 

I also noticed that it says "failed to find bodypart" or "failed to find clothing" on any item that tries to rez in.

Anyways, any help would be great. I'd hate to lose all the money I spent on my account over this. Thanks guys. <3 

3 answers to this question

It does sound like your internet connection.  Even if it's fine for most things, it might not be for SL.  If you are using wireless internet (3G or 4G LTE) or satellite, switch to a cable or FIOS service provider.  If you are using a wifi connection to connect your computer to your internet modem, switch to an Ethernet cable.

If you are using an antivirus program, disable it temporarily.

Here are other things you can check: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 1

In addition to what Lindal said, the problem could be your inventory.

Test if you also get disconnected when logging an alt in, If this problem only happens with one of your accounts then best thing to do is file a support ticket under Inventory (un-rezzed) issues & get your inventory structure checked & fixed.

I am having the same issues, and it is only on one Avatar. I do not know why, we have checked settings on computer an alllll viewers. I have downloaded and clean installed, I have cleared caches, I have even deleted 10K of inventory thinking that might be the issue.  I have lowered graphics, I have done character tests, I have detached everything, taken off everything, I have tried logging onto other lands in sl. I dont know what to do either. Like I said if it was an internet connection it wouldnt only be happening to ONE avatar. My room mate said he thought that it might be server issues on Linden Labs side of things. I would write a ticket but Im not sure how, will search around for it. This issues been goin on for a couple of weeks and it's not getting better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.