I would like to have my account deleted immediately. Is it possible?

Miraniel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello LL.

I created my account with a bit too eager attitude, and accidentaly put in the wrong year of birth. It was meant to be 1995 but became 1998. So i decided to delete my account, to do a fresh one, but was caught by suprise as i have to wait 60 days for it to be permanently deleted. I was wondering... Is there either a (Free) way of me to get my account re-activated and my year of birth set to 1995, or can LL delete it immediately so that i can create a new one?

On the topic of a new one. I was told that once a username has been used, whether the account has been deleted for ages, the old username could never be used again. Is this true?

Thank you in advance!

3 answers to this question

Several points here...

First of all, whenever someone says "I entered the wrong birth date" my eyebrow goes up quizzically like Mr. Spock's.  It's really hard to mess up your own birthdate.  What MOST people mean when they say this is really, "I put in my correct birth date, and now I can't go to Adult areas...so I want to lie about my age."  If that's not true in your case, my sincere apologies.  But if it IS true, I urge you NOT to lie about your age.  You will probably be found out, and when you are, you'll be banned, permanently.  Plus there are lots of things and people in SL that I would not want MY underage kid to be messing with.  So, please don't.

Now, assuming that you really did hit the wrong key...

You do have to wait for your current account to be deleted.  But that does not mean you have to wait to create a NEW account.  You can do that right away.  Most of us have more than one account.

You will have to pick a new user name, though.  Don't worry.  You can also create a Display Name in addition to your user name, so no matter what your account's user name is, you can be called whatever you want.  You can change your Display Name as often as once a week.

• Like 3

Just to add to Lindal's answer, you don't need to delete your account to get your D,O,B corrected.  

Simply create a support ticket explaining the problem.   LL will ask you to send them copies of documentation proving your actual birth date and, after receiving them, update your details accordingly.

Or, as Lindal says, simply create a new account.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3045 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.