mesh sizes? or liquid? for shoes

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to make some mesh shoes...first for myself...then maybe one day for my market but Im not impressed with the idea of making FIVE sizes. Ive heard of liquid mesh or mesh deformer?

Can't I just make one rigged shoe and have it adjust to the avatar? and if not, arent I better off not rigging it? Initially I might make the shoe with the foot.

I wanted to make shoes for slink eventually, but you already have to be making your own mesh and be selling it before they will let you make shoes for them. which is fine I guess. But not sure if I get to that point if the shoe should be rigged or not or how deformer or what not is required.

There is no need to do 5 sizes. If you look at the standard size you find no foot size. So, there is no standard foot.

The SHOE attachment typically included with shoes sets the foot shape and size. You can make your on 'Body Part' of type SHOE. So, you should only ever need to make one size mesh.

Also,boots completely cover the foot so one could just alpha layer the foot.

A point to consider is that Slink, Maitreya, and others use a standard size foot, or close enough not to be an issue.

Anyone buying shoes theses days is likely to prefer a mesh foot. So, you might as well save your self the headache of making your own foot and dealing with skin matching. Make your shoes compatible with Slink Maitreya and other mesh feet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi Nalates, originally I wanted to use the slink foot to create some shoes because like you said, why spend time with the skin, the everything including the shoe. but when I put in application slink said, if you dont already sell mesh in the store, then you dont get to use their feet.

its not easy to model a shoe if you dont have the foot to work with. Believe me, Id rather focus on the shoe. I make my own skins, and Ive worked with full perms from other shoe vendors so I know the hassel of trying to make a hud for the skin, and everything else. but now, as someone who wants to get beyond the limites of what I currently know, want to design my own shoes. 

Since I cant get a pre-existing foot from one of these vendors Ive got to go the old fashioned route of doing the whole thing from scratch. what a pain this process is. Ugh. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.