How to get rid of a particle?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a mesh centerpiece with particle candle flames. The location of the flames are controlled with a script, according to link # - but a fourth shows up in a mesh tassel where a flame does not belong.

I put a scrubber in the tassel and that seemed to work until re-rez or copy, then the errant flame appears.

I unlinked the tassel and put a scrubber in, the flame disappears -- but reappears when I relink it.

Is there any way to get this prim to stop thinking it is supposed to produce a flame?

Sounds like a script issue..

Usually I get link numbers by name in a loop function. It's independent of linking/unlinking this way. It will turn on/off any prim called "flame" in the linkset. The downside is, it will loop through the entire linkset each time.

integer giT;LinkNum(string _name, integer _on){    integer iP = llGetNumberOfPrims();    while(iP)    {        if (llGetLinkName(iP) == _name)        {            if (_on)            {                   FlameParticles(iP);            }            else             {                llLinkParticleSystem(iP, []);            }                        }        iP--;    }}default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        LinkNum("flame", giT = !giT);    }}

Thank you Arton -- I could not get it to work. It kept giving me an error saying something about name not defined, in line 11.  I tried putting in the name of the particle texture. I put the script in the root, not the affected prim.

Also all the mesh on this thing keeps going invisible, I think it just may be borked in the database.

If particles are only generated in the candles, then you can safely turn off the ones in your tassel with a variation on Arton's theme.

default{    state_entry()    {        integer i = llGetNumberOfPrims();        while (i)        {            if (llGetLinkName(i) != "candle") // Or whatever your candle links are named ...            {                llLinkParticleSystem( i, []);            }            --i;        }    }}

That is ....  Look at every blessed link in the linkset.  If it's name is "candle", ignore it.  If not, turn off any particles you find.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.