My viewer Keep crash after 1 minute inside the world.

Moketti Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi To all ppl that try to help my!!!

My problem is that after one minute inside the world , my viewer crash! I tried several viewer, the official and firestorm viewer. Few time happene a strange thing. When i was inside , everything was "fluorescent purple", everything .....and the movement very slow.....after one minute...crash!

I tried with several OS , like "windows 7/8/10" and "linux Mint/Ubuntu". But the problme it's always the same...after one minute of rallenty movement it crash!!!

I worked inside the world for 5 years like builder and i never had these problems.....and after 2 years that i didnt come inside the world , i 've found the huge problem.

My Pc configuration is:

Operating System :   Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

CPU:   Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 77 °C
            Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM:  4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)

Motherboard:   ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KPL-AM EPU (Socket 775) 28 °C

Graphics:      V223HQV (1920x1080@59Hz)
                       M197WDP (1360x768@60Hz)
                       ATI Radeon HD 3870 (ATI AIB) 37 °C

Storage:   117GB SanDisk SDSSDP

128G ATA Device (SSD) 31 °C
                 153GB Hitachi HDS721616PLA380 ATA Device (SATA) 27 °C

Optical Drives:  HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H42L ATA Device

Audio : VIA High Definition Audio

I hope some one can help me!

Thank you!!!!

2 answers to this question

I hate to say it, but those sound like classic symptoms of a graphics card that has been overheating and is getting ready to die.  I lost a graphics card several years ago with exactly the same behavior.  Second Life puts a heavy demand on a graphics card, and that generates a lot of heat, especially in a card like yours that was not designed to handle it.  Ater a few minutes, the computer tries to save itself from burning up by aborting the viewer, often after a display of very weird colors.  It might help if you open your computer's tower and blow the dust bunnies and cat hair out with a can of air periodically (I do that about once a month).  You really ought to have a free temperature monitoring program installed on your machine too.  You can find rthem easily on line.  For now, have a professional check over the card to see whether you have already had permanent damage.

For compartison, here's how your graphics card stacks up against some of the cards that many SL residents are using.  It's pretty low....

Agree with Rolig, it's very likely that one or more of the pieces of your machine are beginning to break down. The graphics card is a classic culprit and would not surprise me at all - especially given the colouring objects and flickering.

I did also see that your CPU temp is waaaaaay up at 77°C. This doesn't bode too well either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.