uneven hollowing

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im trying to make a window frame and because less prims is better Im trying to hollow a box. but its not hollowing evenly on all sides which is making my nuts. Ill attach and image.

I really want ALL the 4 sides to be the same not two thin and two fat. It hollows even as a square but when I make it a rectangle it goes to H in a handbasket.

The only way to make a square hole in a prim is to start with a square prim.  If you start with a rectangular prim, you get a rectangular hole. The size of a hole is a percentage of its dimensions in the X and Y directions.  If X and Y are not the same size, the dimensions of the hole won't be either. So, you have a few options.  One is to add extra prims on the top and bottom to make them look fatter.  Another is to bury the sides in something else, like butting adjacent walls into them so that it's not obvious that the sides are fat.  Yet another option is to live with it.  Depending on what you are trying to make, one of those options will be more attractive than the others.

Of course, you could always make a mesh object with a square hole in it.  It shouldn't end up costing you any more in L.I. than using native prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.