Do not have access to my new home

Dakota Noelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone tell me why I can no longer go to my new land that was purchased 2 days ago.

I was there earlier in the day, but tonight I logged in to do some work on the land and it says I do not have access to that destination. I even tried the rental office, same thing. The rental office is based at the same sim.

I also tried with another account, and still could not access it, it cannot be a ban because my other account has not even been to the new land i purchased. Am at a loss here.

I tried to IM landowner but no reply as yet.

It is frustrating as 2 weeks tier was paid, and I am setting up my business there from my old spot.

Any ideas out there as to what the problem could be?

Yes, looks like its the usual problem in SL that makes ppl hate it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who try to earn money from SL without having any agent or business skills and at the end they simply quit without paying Secondlife fees and so, SL takes back their properties, leaving behind a lot of "happy" tenants who lost their money.

Thats why in these forums you can find lots of posts advising new members to be really carefull from who they rent lands from..

I wish it will be something else and you will go back asap.. but I am afraid its not.

You cant do anything about it, except forget it and move on.

Choose a decent landlord. There is an official SL page with a list of them here

Wish you a lot of fun in your SL ( and RL)
Cheers,

For BEE Real Estate

beethros Karas

that list says nothing, there are several on that not worth the efford even looking at them because their support is really bad. Or prices aren't competitive. In the last case you will pay lots to much for your land, and when thy claim "you pay a little more because we are so good "...RUN....support should be great, even if the parcel would be free.

Next to that, several large / good estate companies are not on it.

Thanks

Alwin Alcott wrote:

perhaps the sim is/was offline, look at the map if it's there and if perhaps it shows red ( means offline)

If there is a sim next to it, you also could go there and see if the home sim is actually there.

The sim was not offline, and there is no other sim next to it unfortunately

beethros Karas wrote:

Yes, looks like its the usual problem in SL that makes ppl hate it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who try to earn money from SL without having any agent or business skills and at the end they simply quit without paying Secondlife fees and so, SL takes back their properties, leaving behind a lot of "happy" tenants who lost their money.

Thats why in these forums you can find lots of posts advising new members to be really carefull from who they rent lands from..

I wish it will be something else and you will go back asap.. but I am afraid its not.

You cant do anything about it, except forget it and move on.

Choose a decent landlord.

I suspected this was the case

But I would like to point out a couple of things, 1. I am not a new member and am very aware of what can happen in SL, 2. The person renting the land had other rentals on other sims also, (which are also down, hence I suspected was the case) 3. The Landlard has been around for nearly 7 years, so I believe he is not a noob to this either.

But thanks for your feedback.

I am sorry my dear... but if an official SL page says "nothing" as you claim... then where to search?

In twinity.com? Or in fakebook?

And if in that page there are not the companies that are worthy for you, then blame SL not me.!!

I had to provide other companies except mine, because I didnt wanted to advertise. I wanted to provide an oppinion because I believe I am allowed/free to say my oppinion since we arent living in a dictatorship...

Or you wanted me to brag about my services and prices?

Come on?

Please?

And also.. 

Where are your suggestions? Or you just want to make me feel bad?

I am sorry. you havent succeed.

I still feel good.

:D

Yes! You are right!

Sometimes we cant escape of the loss.

Age and size isnt always the creteria for to choose.

The man behind the company is the reall thing.

But we cannot be sure for anything. Maybe it isnt a fraud..

That reminded me my fear of dying and let my tenants without lands..

But I guess thats the why I am not accepting payments more than 16 weeks...

Anyway, I hope they will return and you get your land back!

Thats the best I can wish!

Sounds like you rented a home on a private region opposed tthe mainland-- 

I read what everyone else posted including the "list" of companies--- I can tell you I progressed from renting a lot from a small sim owner to moving to a 120 sim estate= to a 200 plus sim estate on Blake to saying I am tired of all of this--- I purchased a premium account- (pays for for self) and bought on the mainland. This was the best move I made-- I also know a number of mainland landlords some large som small- some with all premium ocean properties-- I guess you have to evaluate their commitment to residents- to SL even ask other renters-- not hard to follow the sky signs and determine who owns what-

For the most part the large estates offer security- low prims pleasant environment at a premium price- high restrictions

Mainland landlords offer higher prims- lower prices- varying environments with views- low or no restrictions (music, terra etc)

Many of the oceanfront landlords on the mainlands are highly invested in their properties- I know I own a 40,000 meters parcel with Blakes access and it cost a lot of money and time to put together- and I have no intention of : "giving it back" to Linden-- I have a 1/2 sim on a protected road I love as well would not lose that either-- meaning it would be sold--- problem with the private Island owners is-- they can buy for 200 bucks on the market- 400 from Linden and then pay their tier... there is no real resell value in my mind now that Linden dropped prices 40%--- Mainland premium land goes for far more--- so I think the land lords there.... protect their investment more-- especially when hey own multiple-- anyway just my point of view-- I recommend to all my friends get a premium account and take the plunge-- if you can not-- go with a mainland land lord for more value-- or pay the high price and go with an estate---

UVB wrote:

Sounds like you rented a home on a private region opposed tthe mainland-- 

I read what everyone else posted including the "list" of companies--- I can tell you I progressed from renting a lot from a small sim owner to moving to a 120 sim estate= to a 200 plus sim estate on Blake to saying I am tired of all of this--- I purchased a premium account- (pays for for self) and bought on the mainland. This was the best move I made-- I also know a number of mainland landlords some large som small- some with all premium ocean properties-- I guess you have to evaluate their commitment to residents- to SL even ask other renters-- not hard to follow the sky signs and determine who owns what-

For the most part the large estates offer security- low prims pleasant environment at a premium price- high restrictions

Mainland landlords offer higher prims- lower prices- varying environments with views- low or no restrictions (music, terra etc)

Many of the oceanfront landlords on the mainlands are highly invested in their properties- I know I own a 40,000 meters parcel with Blakes access and it cost a lot of money and time to put together- and I have no intention of : "giving it back" to Linden-- I have a 1/2 sim on a protected road I love as well would not lose that either-- meaning it would be sold--- problem with the private Island owners is-- they can buy for 200 bucks on the market- 400 from Linden and then pay their tier... there is no real resell value in my mind now that Linden dropped prices 40%--- Mainland premium land goes for far more--- so I think the land lords there.... protect their investment more-- especially when hey own multiple-- anyway just my point of view-- I recommend to all my friends get a premium account and take the plunge-- if you can not-- go with a mainland land lord for more value-- or pay the high price and go with an estate---

Wise words!

;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.