Microsoft has updated my system so I can't play SL. The fonts are so small an ant couldn't read 'em.

Jackie1957

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Microsoft updated my system last night and now I can't play SL!  The chat font size, the notifications font size and the move and camera controls are really tiny, small. The buildings and Avatars look ok. I have tried adjusting the advanced setting (to default)  but still can't make out what the aforementioned objects say. Please help me, I need an SL fix!!! Please help??? Jackie... (hugs)

2 answers to this question

You can adjust some of those things in various places in Preferences or with different Debug Settings in your Advanced menu.  Chat font size is controlled by the menu in the upper right corner of the Preferences >>> Chat page, for example. The Firestorm viewer puts more of those features in Preferences where you can get at them than the standard Linden Lab viewer does, but they are there in Debug Settings in all viewers. The camera controls, in my opinion, are a waste of screen space and ought to be tossed anyway.  So are the Move controls, which are a lot clumsier than your arrow keys and mouse. Count it as a blessing that you can't see them. I think you'll find, though, that some other factors are controlled by the aspect ratio that you told your Microsoft OS to use for your screen, so they have nothing to do with Second Life.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.