pinning an image where i click...

naughtyniece

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

Thank to Rolig Loon i can now detect where on a prim face i have touched the prim (thank you for that)

Can i add a graphic/texture where the prim is clicked. So imagine the prim is 3 x 3 regions. If you click in region 1 (defined by x and y) a circle appears or graphic, whatever, so you could click 9 times and end up with 3x3 circles on the prim?

I hope that is a clear question, its simple in my head :)

Thank you fro all the help i am gettign slwoly i am learning more and more

3 answers to this question

If you're talking about filling in a prim face like a tic-tac-toe board, no this is not possible, as each face on the prim only can hold one unique texture.   I recommend sitting down with your prim and assigning various textures to it to get an idea for what you are dealing with.

However you can move a single texture around on a prim face to follow the llDetectedTouchUV () coordinates.  So that the image will be adjusted dependant upon where you click.

• Like 1

Yes, you could do that by rezzing a new prim at the exact spot where you clicked (or, if you were even more clever, by rezzing it at the center of the area that the click was detected in).   The down side, of course, is that it gets you back to where you started, when you were concerned about a high prim count.

• Like 1

If prim count is a concern and you need multi-faced clicakble regions that are capable of displaying a distinct texture. Mesh is your friend.   A single mesh object can have up to 8 front facing individual clickalble "faces"  Each capable of holding it's own texture.  Each mesh for this simple object will be 0.5 prims so you can link two together to form 16 forward facing texturable surfaces for 1 Prim Land Cost.

In English~  TLDR; ~ Mesh solves all the problems.  Contact me in world if you need a meshydoodle to do this, it's literally 2 minutes of work to make one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.