Abuse reports+investigation=Linden labs scanning IM convos?

BastCat Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

that is in the LL privacy policy, they do have access to chat and IM logs when needed.

We collect the following categories of information:

<...>

○ Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.

Anyone can file an AR.  That doesn't mean every ticket is investigated.  Why? 

• The 'offense' isn't considered by LL to be a TOS violation, 
  • The 'offense" is a personal dispute and LL will not get involved in them.
  • The person that AR'd someone didn't provide enough proof.  LL is not going to fish through thousands of logs to find the incident.  You have to give them the location date and time at the least.
  • LL has given you to the tools to stop a lot of minor abuse and they expect you to be the adult and use them rather than running to 'mom'.  Freeze/eject/ban/block  return any griefer item if on your land, or get the landowner whose land it is to return it.
  • Sometimes LL will monitor or look at logs and determine that the person who AR'd wasn't exactly innocent in the situation.

You get no information about what LL is or will do, just an acknowledgement.  That is all you are entitled to.  For all you know they maybe running a lengthy investigation, slapped the offender on the wrist, suspended them from a few hours to a few weeks or even months, or banned them.  You'll never know for sure.

Thankyou Amethyst. 

The person has large amount of land, and he laid quite a trip on me about things said in local and IM, and the there was an AR out on another individual, so had to be careful what is said.

The way he's acting, and how badly he flipped out, made me question a number of things.

Anyway, thankyou so very much for your input.

from my own personal experence. i hate to say this but in general a vast majority of "abuse reports" get ignored.  I see it as a premium. if someone who has lots of land and lindens file a report. they may be checked on. but in general if your the average user and file an AR ive lately seen LL take LITtlE action other then with people who do major things like crash sims etc.

The abuse report system in my opinoin should be majorly overhalled. I do not think LL moniters chat IMs at all. however (theres just too many people using sl at one time for them to do that anyways id imagine)

this is one issue i think LL really needs to improve on. There are too much misuse and there is far too much tempations by greifers to cause problems because a vast majority of times it goes unchecked.

If you ask me. the biggest solution would be for to LL to go back to REQURIING payment info for every single account . it was done that way i think at the very start of second life. this would cut down on a) greifers and b) underage people who likely shoudnt be playing second life to begin with.

that alone would cut down a HUGe, HUGE number of problems.  they simply flag paymentsi info  of greifers (its been done) and that way it would cut down on a lot of the problems.

Yeah good luck.  The best thing i advice if someone is causing you problems. Mute them and ignore them.   dont feed the trolls. and just let it be.

if you ask me though misunderstandings happen and people AR way too often. thats why it clogs up the system and likely why so many serous abuse reports never go solved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.