Someone stole linden from my account, how i get hold of linden lads?

NekoLoveheart5weet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All i see is someone called aidenpearce01 Resident  got so much of my linden while i was in bed around 3 and like help getting money back from i can see on transaction history, i like to knowhow to get money back and if this person will get banned or reported at less. I don't know him or her but i like help asap. 

(sorry don't know how to reply i had chance password already and thank with your link i have left case with linden lad now thank so much. just hope i get my money back TT^TT. As how found my avatar in Nelsonia and money mission check on teransaction history to find my account had giving aidenpearce01 Resident  @ Nelsonia around 3 at night while i was in bed  lindens i chance password soon after seening this)

2 answers to this question

HI Neko,

You don't say how this person got your Lindens. If you believe your account was hacked, immediately change your password and file a support case here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" and then "I believe my account has been compromised". Provide additional information in the spaces provided.

If you clicked on an object, received a notification pop-up asking permission to access your Linden balance, and accepted it, there's really nothing that can be done. At that point, this becomes a resident-to-resident dispute and Linden Lab does not get involved in those.

You must be very wary about object requests for L$ permissions.

Good luck!

• Like 2

The most likely cause of this is phishing.  Here is how that works.

You get a link from someone, in chat or group chat or an IM.  You clicked on it, and you see a web page that appears to be a normal Second Life sign in page.  But it's not...it's a fake page set up by a scammer.

You enter your user name and password.

Now the scammer knows your login information, and can sign in to your account.  He can change your password, take all your $L, or use your account to send out phishing links to all your friends and groups.

Don't browse directly to links you get in chat or IM.  Open your web browser and go to the SL sign in page manually!  Or, if you DO click a link someone gives you, read its address carefully.  Legitimate links to the Second Life web pages will have the prefix https://, with an S on the end, and the domain secondlife.com.  Beware of links that are close, but not exact, like say secondlife.ru, or s3condlife.com.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.