someone is hiyacking my profile and name and I feel insulted and it is against personal rights and

Monja Mayo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. We are just players and forum users like you. Lindens don't come here to look for complaints. I assume you reported those players inworld? The best thing you can do is report and block them, and stop reacting to them. If you ignore them it will stop being fun for them and they will eventually stop.

Best of luck.

Hi Monja,

If "Monya Mayo" is the account you think is being hijacked, you apparently still have access to it as you are posting under that name here. Change your password and the hijacking will stop. If you are referring to another account that you can no longer access, file a support case with Linden Lab and tell them your account has been compromised. You can do that here...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" and then "I believe my account has been compromised". Fill in the requested information and let Linden Lab take it from there. Be ready to prove you're the real owner of the account.

If you are referring to someone adopting a display name that matches yours, there's nothing that can be done about it. That's not against the Second Life Terms of Service.

If you feel insulted, the best thing to do is find a way to feel differently. Block those who are annoying you and do not respond to them. As Malarwen says, they'll eventually lose interest and leave you alone.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Guys I don't think Miss Mayo got her account comprimised. I smell a severe case of drama, where someone wants to get her angry by using her name as either a displayname or with a slight variation on an alt and copied the text from her profile into his. And now this person got what he wanted by making her rage about it.

Advice here: Cool down, maybe spent some time elsewhere and do not feed that troll.

IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE GRIFFTED HERE ARE SOME OPTIONS:

1) DONT ACCEPT ANY OFFERS FROM ANY ONE.

2) DONT EVER SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT INFO NOT EVEN WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE IN SL. WOMANS SCORN ECT

3) GET THE ZEN HUD FROM ME ZODREVES IT MAKES IT SO YOUR LINDENS CANT BE HACKED IT PROTECTS

YOUR CLUB OR LAND FROM ALTS.

4) WHEN YOU BUY LINDENS NEVER LEAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO IN THE ACCOUNT

5) THIS IS THE GOLDEN RULE. NEVER EVER IN SECOND LIFE SHARE YOUR ID AVITAR NUMBER

ITS SO EASY TO GET YOUR IP ADDRESS IN RL AND TRACE YOU IF YOU DO THAT.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.