how do i get rid of a debug script on my screen

Teiira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Teiira,

I'm not sure what you're describing. If you are seeing chat in text that's coming from a script, the only way to surpress that is to:

• Block/mute the object (right click on the icon preceding the chat message and select "Block"),
  • Remove yourself from the area the script affects.
  • Remove the scripted object from the area you're in, or detach it if worn.
  • Remove the script from the object it's in.
  • Alter the script.

If you are getting error messages from a malfunctioning script inside something you own or are wearing, try resetting the script. You do that by right-clicking the offending object (if you know what it is), then selecting "Edit". Then select "Scripts" from the "Build" menu and select "Reset Scripts".

Without knowing more about what's actually happening, I can't be of much help. Come back to your question and edit it (via "Options" over there on the right) to tell us more. What do these debug messages say?

• Like 1

How do you know that's what it is?  If a script is actually sending a script error message, it will usually show up in a separate window, and the script will stall dead. Then, if you have permission to modify the script or if the scripter has left you with any way to restart it, you can do as Maddy suggests to restart it.  And hope that it doesn't just fail again.

If it's not a script error message but just some sort of progress message that is telling you what the script is doing, there's probably not much you can do about it.  Scripters typically put loads of those diagnostic messages into their work as they test it, and then remove them before they give the scripts away.  Every once in a while, one of them gets overlooked.  Only the scripter (or someone with mod perms) can remove it.

And then there are things that you might mistake for some sort of a script message or a flag.  You might have one of your consoles open, for example.  Open the Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q -- you might need to do CTRL + Alt + D first) and look to see if any of the consoles have a check mark next to it.  If so, uncheck it.  Or, as another example, you might have a triangular icon floating around that is really telling you that some mesh object isn't rezzing properly.  That has absolutely nothing to do with a script.  (Read about "Pyramids" and "Ducks" at http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/mesh_issues ).

Really, though, as Maddy says, we can't give you a good answer without knowing what you are talking about.  So, edit your question and let us try again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.