Having major issues when logging in

HayleyDixon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged in I was just a cloud, the just my head came in.  I wear the mesh bodies, had my slink on and could not change or update appearance, could not add or remove anything, cannot rezz anything, my inventory seems to be up to date but my group list is showing 0, friends list doesn't fully load, no names show up and when I try to IM anyone the IM box does not come up.  My name isn't showing up on my profile, just my key number and the same with my partner.  My partner, is having all he same issues, as well as, his inventory is not loading.  We cannot TP out, we are both just clouds.  The name on my parcel, which I own, is listed as the original default name that is was before we changed it.  We can IM each other but noone else.  

Things I have tried that have not made any difference...

- Reset to default avatar

- Added back shape and skin

- We both use the newest version of Firestorm and I even tried installing the newest version of SL Viewer, ran that and had no inventory, was fetching forever and still all the other issues that I had with the Firestorm Viewer.  

- Tried TP'ing to FS Hippo Safe HUB but could not get there, first try I got stuck in the TP abyss somewhere and then crashed, 2nd time TP abyss again and then back to my parcel.

- Submitting a support ticket (not too long ago so haven't heard anytihng back yet)

Not sure if everyone is having this issue today or if its related just to my parcel, region as cannot IM anyone other than my partner who is on our parcel.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please even reply to let me know if you are having crazy SL issues also :)

Thanks,

Hayley

2 answers to this question

sounds to me it can be related to the rolling restarts, or your connection is messed up.

Instead of re install and caches ( never do un less really needed) i would start with resetting everything what has to do with your connection... router/modem, and machine.

If that not helps try going to a empty region to see if its better there.

Be patient... restarts are done now so SL should be stable again.

of nothing helps ask for a restart of the region if it's mainland, or your landlord.

if really nothing helps... send in a ticket, but response to that can take a while to several days.

Thanks for posting an answer, yes I am aware of Tuesday rolling restarts and it did say they were done for over an hour before I logged in and now almost 2hrs later same issues. I don't think it's my connection because my partner, who is in a different country in RL also had the same exact issues, although I did try that also prior. I can't get anywhere else, only log into home all the time and not able to TP out but perhaps someone could suggest a location I can put into the log in screen. I will try asking for a restart should support get back to me, also had already submitted a ticket :)

Open to any other suggestions

Thanks again!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.