Need Help Pickin Laptop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My wife wants a laptop to play SL on while im in the other room on the PC playing would this one be OK since her current one has a horrable fps ? I know a second pc would be ideal but she wants the portability of a laptop. Thanks for any advice.

15.6" 4K Intel Core i7 Gaming Laptop

• Processor: Intel Core i7-5500U
  • Memory: 12GB
  • Display: 15.6" Touchscreen
  • Storage Drive: 1TB Hard Drive
  • Optical Drive: DVDRW
  • Graphics: GTX950M 4GB
  • Operating System: Windows 10

http://www.frys.com/product/8517239?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You are good except for the video card. Oculus Rift has announced the minimum specs for a VR rig. They call for a 970 or better.

For SL you can get by with the 950... well more than just 'get by'. But, with VR coming in the next 6 to 12 months, you might want to bump up to a 970.

Is there a decent mid range laptop that you would recommend. I know it will never be as good as a desktop but as long as it works well on at least medium settings. Our connection is good, and my desktop handles SL no problem but the current laptops fps is so slow it's unplayable even at lower settings. Thanks for any help.

The link you give for the laptop you´re pondering specifies a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950M, there was a thread here some time ago by someone asking if an Asus ROG laptop with a 950M would be a good buy, she ended up getting it and iirc from her last post in the thread was happy with it.

Here, found the thread for you: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Second-Life-Tech/Will-this-laptop-be-able-to-run-SL-on-Ultra-Graphics-without/td-p/2959361

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.