How do I make friends?

mistr3sshav3n

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi my name is Haven it's good to meet you I hope we can be great friend I also hope you will like be I'm annoying and weird but I want to meet new people and I hope we have things in common.    I LOVE anime, I listen to bands  my favorite band is black veil brides and my favorite singer is Adam Lambert  I also like to read yaoi and watch it time to time but I really LOVE anime, anime is life, yaoi is my soul  

Well, first you go in world and start exploring.  Use your Destination Guide and visit places that sound interesting, go shopping, hang out at music events, take a free class, spend time in the tutorials at Caledon Oxbridge University, join a group that you might share something in common with.  ( Don't start hitting on everyone you see and inviting them to be your friend, BTW.  This is not Facebook. Just relax and meet people.)

Then, maybe spend some time in the forums. Try the Make Friends forum for a start.  Again, don't be pushy.  Just let it happen.  You have a lot of learning to do.  After all, you are entering a new town -- a new world -- with its own informal rules and ways of doing things.  Listen, ask questions, and keep your eyes open.  If you have questions about how SL works (or why it doesn't), ask them in this forum.  That's what Answers is for.  (This is not a discussion forum or a place to meet friends.  We're Answers, not the What's Your Favorite Food forum.)  [EDIT: This thread was originally posted in the Answers forum. :smileywink:]

Finally, a word of hopeful caution.....  SL is a world full of people who have lives in RL, just like you.  Most of them are nice, honest, friendly people.  Some aren't, and some places you might visit in SL aren't either.  Or at least they can be scary.  Remember that you cannot be hurt physically.  You can always teleport away or "accidentally" log out.  However, you can be victimized by people who would love to get access to your account or get you to reveal things about yourself that you would rather not have them know.  Use your head.  Don't give anyone your password, even your best friend. Don't agree to pay someone unless you know what you are paying them for.  Just follow the rules your Mom taught you.  Be ready to trust people but keep your hand on your wallet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3147 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.