I CANT DELETE GROUPS!

cholmes3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

cholmes3 wrote:

I've been trying to leave some groups but everytime i try to Leave. It dont do anything. I have been trying for the past week. Anyone had the same prob? help please!

Hi Cholmes - If you are not the owner, but only a member, and cannot leave a group ... yes, I have had the same problem.

Just couldn't leave the group. Nothing happened when I hit the leave-button.

I ended up contacting the owner of the group, and asked him to eject me, which he did. 

I am not sure, but I think I have seen, that when a group has more than a certain amount of members, there is a bug which does that the leave group function does not work.

It occurs to me that you might not actually be trying to leave a group at all.  You might be trying to leave a Subscribe-O-Matic group, which has nothing to do with SL's own group structure.  Many merchants offer membership in Subscribe-O-Matic groups as a way to be directly connected with their customers without using up some of the limited number of SL groups that each resident is allowed to join.  While there may be some advantages to that system, it can be extremely hard to leave one of those groups once you are in it.  Essentially, you have to return to the in-world terminal where you joined and click it again to leave.  This can be difficult if you no longer remember where you joined or the business has relocated or remodeled. All you can do is try to contact the merchant and ask for help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.