Does this script exist? Object rezzer

Annie Rubanis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you!  Now, I'm nowhere even near a beginner so I'm not quite clear on how I direct the object touched to rez the new object directly at my coordinates.  Is there something else I need to enter into that script to do that?  I'm thinking of something that works like an Intan poseball rezzer.  No matter where you touch the intan, the poseballs rez right by you.

So long as you are within 10m of the rezzer, you can make it rez the object next to you by feeding it your own position instead of a fixed offset position.  If you look at the first simple example on that wiki page, you'll see that it rezzes the object 5m above its own position with

vector vec = llGetPos() + < 0.0, 0.0, 5.0>;

So, what you want to do instead is, perhaps to rez the object 1.0 m in front of your own position

vector vec = llDetectedPos(0) + < 1.0, 0.0, 0.0>;

The only limitation is that you can't rez something more than 10m away from the rezzer.

Incidentally, you can ignore the value of the speed parameter.  Unless your rezzed object is physical, it won't move anyway.  Still, if you want to make the script tidy, you can replace

vector speed = llGetVel();

with

vector speed = ZERO_VECTOR;

Beyond that, I suggest experimenting.  It's the best way to learn.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.