Friend list, groups and about land info won't load?

Lilmix Pixelmaid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For a while now(about 1 and a half months) I log into SL and quickly get logged out, when I relog I loose alot of functions including My Friend list, Groups and About land info, as well as not reciving notices andinventory offers. All the info I can see reads ok and it seems random, Some days I can log in and stay loged in for 12 hours +, other times I might only last 2 mins or less.

After contacting suport I am left with more questions than answers

My print out

Second Life 2.5.2 (223426) Mar 10 2011 17:38:45 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

You are at 197,294.0, 253,910.0, 22.8 in Lag located at sim20976.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.30.10:13000)
Second Life Server 11.03.14.223737
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ (2712.33 MHz)
Memory: 4096 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit  (Build 7600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.6658
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8j zlib/1.2.3 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 3.2.0002.9361

Built with MSVC version 1400
Packets Lost: 3/9,703 (0.0%)

The modem is an ASUS DSL-N11

Thanks

Lilmix

* Update* This turned out to actually be the Modem. Apparently an ASUS DSL-N11 Does not like SL... Who would have guessed?

7 answers to this question

Some things to try if you haven't already.

Completely clear Cache. From within SL and outside. C:\users\username\appdata\local\secondlife

Remove everything in that folder, it will be re-created next time you log in.

Is this everywhere ? Presumably the times you manage to stay on 12 hours you aren't in just one sim.

Have you tried clearing cache before logging out ? If you have been in a long time then it might be an idea to do that.

Random disconnects are often linked to router/connectivity problems. Try resetting the router. Checking your speedwww.speedtest.net or similar) and perhaps alter the bandwidth settings in the viewer. (

Is this on just the official viewer or 3rd party viewers as well. If only the official viewer, try one of the viewers listed in theTPV directory. Your performance may be better.

If connecting to your router wirelessly connect via network cable, see if that helps.

*huggs*

Mondy

• Like 1

Hiyas,

I am always connected via a cable to my router

This happens on all viewers that I have tried, However I did have one case when I logged an Alt and myself on different viewers and one had a full connection, the other as described

I will try rechecking my bandwidth and clearing cache again and cross my fingers

The time I was logged in for 12 hours was recently and I was exploring from sim to sim, Normally I cant TP if I log in as described.

When I reset my modem/router I am able to log in. But 4 out of 5 times, I am disconnected within minutes and the circle stars again. I also normally restart my PC at the same time

Thank you for replying and I hope I can solve this soon... :-)

Oh, A bit more info, I contacted my ISP today and they assured me that they are not in any way bocking/locking connections to LL...

Try disabling HTTP GetTextures, this is in different places on different viewers, check advanced menu, rendering or developers menu or on Phoenix there is one in preferences > phoenix > page 2 > graphics.

Also check if you are more stable with your bandwidth set lower and / or your graphics on lower settings.

• Like 1

My friend is experiencing the exact same thing as you. We've tried everything from new video card to upgrading OS. It's the strangest thing. She's from England and thinks maybe her ISP is to blame. I'm wondering if perhaps that could be your prob. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but we've been wracking our brains over this problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.