paley quest...no key

Angely Bade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was playing paleo quest, at quest 3 I crashed when i see the key. i logged in again...but since this time, i dont see the key again. the key is not in my hand and not at this place. I cant´ open the treasue at the end of the quest. I had clear the cache and look for the key of the A and B sims. I find it is very pity, because the game is soo much fun. have anyone an idea what Can i make to continue play? or restart the quests? thanks :)

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Angely

How very frustrating that does sound.

I am just looking at the link to this Linden-run game.

(for Freya - here is the link - https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Brave-Dinosaurs-amp-Win-Prizes-in-PaleoQuest/ba-p/2953695  )

But I admit, I don't have first hand experience of it. 

As it is a new inworld quest-based game, I would say, like everything else new, there are bound to be teething troubles.  I suggest you try again (frustrating I know). But also, don't hesitate to contact the creator - Magellan Linden - inworld.  I am sure he will appreciate feedback. (And please read the disclaimer at the bottom of the link given above where no guarantees about performance of game or outcome can be guaranteed )

The key in PaleoQuest is a temporary attachment, I think.   This means it never becomes part of your inventory and, if you remove it or if you go offline -- as you did, by crashing -- it dies. 

You've lost it, I'm sorry to say, and, in Magellan's words, you'll just have to go through the rigmarole all over again to get another one.

You don't have to restart the quests, but you will have to find the key rezzer again (it moves around the region), to get a new key.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.