Fitted mesh/Tight undershirt

Crias Rowlands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm making a tight undershirt for men and weighted it with fitted mesh bones, but have the problem it still doesn't fit all the shapes properly. For example, increasing the torso muscle gives some deformation to the shirt, but the body will pop out after a certain amount. As i did some look-up on the topic, i found out the body uses morph targets while fitted mesh objects uses collision bones to alter the shapes. My question is, it does mean that tight undershirts are impossible to make, or is there a way to do it? Like making morph targets for the shirt or something?

There is no way to make 1 shirt that fits perfectly for all. To get the best results, you need to practice weighting for fitted mesh. To get them to fit more sizes, you likely need to make different versions with slightly different weights.

My advice is to use Avastar, if you are using Blender. Avastar's latest version has tools to help you create different fitted mesh versions. I also sell a set of weights for classic and fitted mesh, although they are just weight for the best range of sizes, and you'd need to customize them for other sizes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.